Saturday, November 5, 2011

Book Review: Bitter Blessings


Bitter Blessings
by Christine Mehring

The clock in the kitchen pounded out the seconds, and the neighbor's wind chimes clanged their chaotic melody until I thought my brain would explode, and then, finally, Gram said, "There was an accident on the highway this afternoon.  Your mother was in it." 

 And the world collapsed around me . . . again.

After the death of her mother, everything seems to spin out of control for Megan.  Taking care of her grandmother--who refuses to receive help from anyone--and her two younger sisters, Megan must depend on her best friend Adam to get hrough these hard times.  But when she discovers an old family secret, Megan must choose between trusting her family and following what her heart tells her to be true. 

Thought provoking and heartfelt, this book shows that even in times of trial, you can often find blessings.

I loved reading this book!  It made me laugh and it made me cry, and I didn't want to put it down.  It reminded me of the importance of watching my tongue in moments of anger or frustration.  The writing flowed well and the book was a pleasure to read.  I couldn't help but love the main character, Megan, in spite of her faults.  I also loved  her best friend Adam, and all of the others who reached out to help Megan and her family.  If you are looking for a fun, uplifting new story, this LDS Fiction Novel published by Cedar Fort is the book for you.

I have never met Christine Mehring, but have enjoyed reading this new book and sharing my thoughts about Bitter Blessings with the readers of my blog.  I did receive a free copy of the book, but have not received any other compensation for this review. 

You can purchase Bitter Blessings here at Amazon.  

You can also purchase it here at bitterblessings.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Bitter Blessings, and I'm so grateful to you for taking the time to read and review it. You have such a beautiful blog and I feel lucky to be included here. Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete