Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Read the Recipe

Last night I decided to whip up a batch of cheesecake brownies that one of the DD's has been asking for.  I ended up running a couple of extra errands last night that I had originally not planned on, so by the time I actually got to the point of mixing up the brownies it was getting rather late and I ended up rushing a bit.   I had the brownies mixing up in the ol' kitchen aid mixer, and the batter was looking rather lovely and fluffy and chocolaty, so I scooped it out, spread it into the 9 x 13 baking pan and popped it into the oven. About 10 or 15 minutes later I realized that I had not added the flour!  Well, by then it was too late to fix my mistake, so I just let the brownies finish baking.  We ended up with more of a brownie cheesecake pudding than true brownies, but the result is edible. 

So, baking advice for today:  Read the recipe.  Then, when you think you're done, read the recipe again!


No comments:

Post a Comment