Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Pandora Radio

Last week DD4 introduced me to Pandora Radio. Pandora is the free internet radio service that helps you find new music based on your current and old favorites. After setting up an account, you start by entering in a favorite song, artist, or composer to set up a personalized radio station. Different musical tracks are then automatically added to the station, and you can select either "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" on any selection to determine if it should continue to be included on your station.


I know that my kids have been using Pandora for a long time, but I never really bothered to find out what it is all about. I have set up eight different "stations" on my pandora account based on these artisits:  The Beach Boys, Bond, The Carpenters, Simon and Garfunkle, Barbara Streisand, Willie Nelson, and of course, Antonio Vivaldi and The Piano Guys.  I like the type of music that Pandora is chosing for me.  I may set up other stations in the future, but so far, I am quite happy!   I now have pandora on my Kindle Fire too, so I can take my Pandora music with me. So, am I the only person around who didn't know about Pandora?

No comments:

Post a Comment