Friday, March 7, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Willing to Work

This Afternoon I've decided to try my hand at the Five Minute Friday Challenge Five Minute Friday Challenge offered each week by Lisa Jo Baker.   The idea is to write for five minutes on the assigned prompt for the week.  Today's prompt is   Willing.   So, here is my offering:


Five Minute Friday: Willing to Work


The first thing that comes to mind is the phrase from the Hymn, “The World has need of Willing Men, who wear the worker’s seal. “ and then goes on to say “Come help the good work move along, put your shoulder, to the wheel!”

For the past few days I have felt quite the drudge, especially in the mornings when it is time to get up and ready for work. There is so much to do! I have been working full time for the past seven months or so, for the first time in my life. It isn’t terrible, I like the work that I do, and I love and appreciate my co-workers, but it isn’t what I had planned for myself, ever. First and foremost my plan has always been to be the best Mom and Wife that I can, and to do what I can to help others whenever possible. That is where my willingness lies, (along with reading, and gardening, and writing and sewing . . . which I don’t feel I have enough time nor energy to do much of any more). I don’t feel willing to do the necessary studying, politicking, or whatever it takes to “push my career” forward to feel that I am making progress there. So, for now, I am willing enough, I suppose, to get up every day and get myself to the job, do my best, and bring home the paycheck. For now that will just have to be enough.

1 comment:

  1. Marcy,

    Sometimes those new seasons take a little bit more willingness to move beyond what we know to the new of what we are experiencing. I am praying that in your new season you see the mission field the Lord places in your path every day and when you are willing to do enough, He makes up the difference. I think your 'enough' is just what He asks of us.
    Blessings!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete