Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Work in Progress Wednesday
Time to celebrate: I have finally completed a new sewing project!
This past Saturday was our Relief Society (church women's auxiliary) Super Saturday. In the morning we had classes on making rolls and jam and searching out our family history. After a lunch of awesome soups and salads and deserts we had the chance to work on the craft projects of our choice, all while catching up and visiting with good friends and neighbors. I have wanted to sew one of these table runners for years, so popped on over to JoAnne's last week for the moonlight madness sale and bought a bit of fabric. (1/3 yard for the front and 1/2 yard for the back). It was really simple and quick to sew up. Place right sides of the fabric together, matching edges and sew a 1/4 inch seam on each side. Turn right side out, center the top fabric and iron. Next fold the fabric together lengthwise with the backing fabric towards the center. Sew another 1/4 inch seam along top and bottom edges. Trim the tip of the seam and fold the backing fabric forward to form a triangle shape. Press, and you're done!
We also had a little class on making flowers from felt. I tried my hand at a couple, and might just spend some time making a few more to put together in a wreath. I found some cute ideas on Pinterest