Saturday, April 23, 2016

Tire Swings


 

This is a photo of the tire swings that my Daddy made for his kids many long years ago.   I have spent hours in these swings dreaming lazy summer dreams as I gently swung under the blue sky, or feeling the thrill of racing back and forth as high as my Daddy or Mums or older siblings could push me.  This is no ordinary swing set, and it has lasted well over 60 years.  The tire swings themselves may have changed once or twice over the years, but the huge log standard has stood it's ground for over half a century and held up under hundreds of children, including myself, my siblings, and countless cousins, friends, nieces and nephews and grandchildren.   I'll admit that my Daddy is one amazing, talented, and thoughtful man.   Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment