Saturday, November 3, 2018

Gratitude for The House of The Lord


Last night on Facebook I came across these photos of the soon to be dedicated temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Barranquilla, Colombia.  I lived in the city of Barranquilla for about six months many years ago when I was serving as a missionary for the Church, and I fell in love with this beautiful city and many of the people who lived there.  I'm so very happy and excited to have this temple so near to being completed for the people of this wonderful area.  The temple is scheduled to be dedicated on Sunday, December 9, 2018.


"Holiness to the Lord"
"The House of the Lord"

I love this painting of the Savior located just inside the entrance to the temple.  
It just seems perfect for the area.

One beautiful piece of stained glass art.


 A sealing room inside of the temple where couples can be married and families can be sealed together forever through the power of God's priesthood.

The Celestial Room.  
A beautiful, calm and peaceful place where individuals can spend a few minutes  to meditate, pray and feel the love of the Lord after their temple worship.  
The Celestial Room is one of my favorite places on earth!


Such a beautiful and wonderful new building for a beautiful city!!


To find out more about temples, check out this website:

No comments:

Post a Comment