Sunday, November 17, 2019

Last Week's Gratefuls

So, I haven't been very good at posting my gratefuls on the blog for the past 10 days or so, but I have been making taking the time each evening to carefully consider what I am grateful for each day and put up a quick facebook post.  So here is the list to get caught up:


November 7th:   I'm grateful for sleep.  Let's face it.  I'm mortal.  I'm not so young anymore.  I can't always do it all.  But, when the day is done, I can come home, go to bed, and get some sleep so I can be rested and rejuvenated and able to tackle the tasks of tomorrow!

November 8th:  I'm grateful for wonderful co-workers!   Today was our annual office retreat where we spent the morning listening to a very knowledgeable and well spoken leader from our workplace who helped us to think about and discuss things that can help or hinder our workplace culture.  We also had a wonderful lunch and some time to relax with some good movies and then time to connect with our own teams and co-workers.   I'm grateful for my job and for those that I work with who are there to do their best and to help out one another, including me!

November 9th:  I'm grateful for automatic dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers.  Some Saturdays it seems like all I have time to do is chores, and I still don't get that much done.   But, where would I be without dishwashers and clothes washers and dryers?  I have no reason to complain at all when I have access to these wonderful modern appliances!

November 10th:  I'm grateful to be a Primary Teacher at our church, where I can teach the 8 and 9 year old children, study and share the primary lessons from the New Testament and my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and sing the wonderful primary songs that teach the gospel through music.  This Sunday was even extra special as the children presented their annual primary program to their parents and others in the congregation during our Sacrament Meeting worship service, sharing what they have learned this past year through music and scripture.  It has been a good day.

November 11th:   I'm grateful for Information Technology People who are always willing and able to help out and teach less techie people like me.   This month I started an interim position at work taking the place of a co-worker who retired on October 31st.  This means that I've moved to a new office with a different computer, and it has been an almost daily battle to get the "new to me" computer up to speed or adjusted to be able to find and access of my software and browser favorites and online storage files.  I've had to ask for help multiple times from multiple people who have all been very helpful and patient and gracious.

November 12th: Breakfast for Dinner ---  Let's face it, I'm getting less and less excited about planning and preparing dinner all of the time.  I'm working longer hours, there are only three of use here at home now, I don't enjoy cleaning up after myself, and  etc etc etc.  I usually try to prepare dinners with plenty of protein and veggies, low in salt and fat, and . . . . sometimes it's just so much easier to do breakfast!  Tonight we had breakfast burritos; scrambled eggs with bacon bits and diced fresh tomatoes and spinach and cheese served in warmed flour tortillas.   Quick, fairly easy, and an easy clean up.

November 13th:  Prayer ----




November 14th:  Memories ---  This week has brought some sadness as the old family farm which was sold some months ago saw the demolition of the homes of my grandparents, my parents, and my brother.  There was some hope that at least one or more of the homes would be saved as part of the new owner's development plans, but that is not to be the case.   In spite of sad hearts, our family is grateful to have hundreds and thousands of photos of the homes were we were raised, and many many wonderful memories of the decades of family history.

 Barn and Garden September 2017

House and Barn September 2017

November 15th:  Grandchildren --- We just welcomed Grandchild #3 into the world this past Friday on November 15th!   Both baby boy and DDIL are doing well, as are DS2 and GC 1 and GC 2.  It may be a while before we are able to visit, but we are pleased as punch to welcome him to the world and to our family!

November 16th:  Weekends . . . ahh weekends.   There is always a big to do list for the weekend with laundry, grocery shopping, church and family activities etc, but I can usually find some time to sleep in a little, read a little, and just plain relax a little.

November 17th:  Music.  I am so very very grateful for music!!  Classical music, primary music, hymns, contemporary songs, Christmas music!  I love to be able to sing and play and listen to music just about anywhere and any time.  Music comforts, inspires, and calms my soul.



What are your gratefuls this November??

1 comment: