Sunday, November 1, 2020

O Remember, Remember --- A Month of Gratitude

 November is here once again, with the reminder to cultivate thankful hearts and to look for the good things in life.  Gratitude can be an antidote for many of the ills of life.   As we begin this month of Thanksgiving, I have been grateful to once again listen to the talk that inspired me over 13 years ago to do a better job of trying to look for the good things in life and and recognize and remember God's kindness to me.  I don't do nearly as good a job as I would like, but especially in November I try to make a special effort to recognize and record the many blessings that have come into my life. 

In October 2007, President Henry B Eyring, then serving as second counselor in the first presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints asked us to take the time to identify, record, and remember the blessings and mercies that Heavenly Father sends to each of us on a daily basis.  

"My point is to urge to to find ways to recognzie and remember God's kindness . . . you might pray and ponder, asking the questions:  Did God send a message that was just for me?  Did I see His hand in my life or the lives of my children?  I will do that.  And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him.  I testify that He loves us and blesses us, more than most of us have yet recognized.  I know that is true, and it brings me joy to remember Him.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

You can watch and listen to the entire talk right here:   O Remember, Remember

No comments:

Post a Comment