Sunday, July 9, 2023

Do People Still Read Blogs? and Gratitude, Northern California, and Family

 



Do people still read blogs?   If you do, and feel up to it, leave me a comment.  I've not kept up as much with either reading or posting on my blogs lately, and it makes me a bit sad.   Times and social media have changed over the years, and I know I spend more time browsing on YouTube and Facebook and Instagram than I do reading blogs anymore.  (I still don't do tick tock or Twitter, but then I'm definitely part of the older generation these days).  I miss reading some of my old blogger favorites, but to try to stop by some of their blogs on occasion.  

O think my biggest regret is that I haven't been taking the time as often lately to recognize and record the many tender mercies and blessings in my life.  I've been in a bit of a funk the past little while and know that I have a tendency to focus on the negative, even when there is so much good in the world and in my life.   I know I need to make a bigger effort to recognize the good things in life, and especially to express my gratitude to the many people who make my life great:  my family, friends, co-workers, and especially my Heavenly Father.

Last week DH and DD1 and DD2 returned from a road trip to Northern California where we met up with DS1, DS2, DD3 and their families and our four beautiful grandchildren!  We were able to spend a week traveling and spending time with our favorite people in the world (we did miss DD4 as she wasn't able to make the trip this time).  We were able to see many beautiful places that we've never been before, enjoy the cooler coastal weather, majestic sequoias and redwoods, and the awesome pacific coast.  There was much wonderful food, games, fun, and memories made.   This visit has been on my bucket list for a very long time, and due to the planning, work, and sacrifices of my children and my DH, they made it happen.  And, we all were able to travel safely there and back home again!  

I am very blessed.









No comments:

Post a Comment