Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Reflections on A to Z Challenge 2018: Mom of 6 Memories

Dad of 6 with his flag at a soccer game.  I have a Mom of 6 jersey too, but couldn't find a photo!


First off, I must begin by saying that this year's blog theme of  my memories as Mom of 6 would not have been possible without the love and support of "Dad of 6"  aka  DH in many of my blog posts.  Last year during the 2017 A to Z challenge I blogged about our courtship, and this year I blogged about the amazing adventure we have had as parents.   Dad of 6 has been very instrumental in so many ways to making the amazing adventure of being "Mom of 6" possible.  His hard work and sacrifices made it possible for me to be home with our little ones when they were small, and he continues to support me in my mothering and now in my grand-mothering efforts.   Our children are now adults and we have added daughters in law and grandchildren to the mix, and the amazing adventure continues!

My goal as a blogger isn't to generate a large following, though I do enjoy the visits from fellow bloggers, especially during the annual A to Z challenge, and I enjoy meeting new bloggers and making new friends and reading their wonderful blogs too.  The challenge has become a tradition that I look forward to.  It is a challenge that encourages me to make the time to write on a regular basis, if only for the month of April.  The past few years I have also used the challenge as an incentive to help me to record many of my favorite memories during different time periods of my life.  This year has been especially wonderful for me as I have been able to put down memories and thoughts of one of the greatest blessings of my life:  being a mother.

The A to Z challenge has changed a bit over the years since I first found it back in 2012, and I have changed a bit too.  At first I had no theme, and often was not able to complete posts for every letter of the alphabet, but it was fun to sign up on the linky lists, to visit new blogs, and to have new friends visit my blog.   The spreadsheets used this year as found at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/  have been as good as the original linky lists, I think, if not better.  This year I was able to post the link to each of my posts and even change the category if needed to better fit each post.  Sometimes my posts were more of a personal/memoir type of post, and other days they fit more of a parenting type category.   I hope to use the links to continue to visit other bloggers as I have the time, and I hope that if you've stumbled upon my blog that it has been an enjoyable trip for you too.   Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcy - well done on completing the A-Z. It's a good time to write up some type of story or article ... and great you've recorded your family memories ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete