Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Xfinity

 

X is one of the hardest letters to use for the A to Z challenge, but what has been on my mind this week is Xfinity, the trade name of Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, used to market Internet, Cable TV, and Telephone services.   I'm not a raving fan of Xfinity, per say, but I am a fan of the Internet, which is where I spend the majority of my waking hours these days, especially since working from home this past year.  Without the Internet, I would not be able to function working from home.  I'm very happy to say that we have only had one or two tiny glitches without service during all of my working hours the past year.

My communications with anyone outside of my Dear Husband and Dear Daughter, who lives here with us, would definitely be very sparse, with only the occasional phone calls or text messages with other family members or friends.  Yes, it has been a very solitary year for most people, but the Internet has kept us connected.  When we were under quarantine, we ordered our groceries online and had them delivered to our doorstep.  We can check our email and our Facebook and blogs on a daily basis.  We can even watch our favorite  movies and TV shows via the internet in the evenings after work.  

Are we addicted to the Internet?  Hopefully not.  I think we would tend to adapt somehow without it, but life would certainly be much different than it is today.  Probably a lot more like it was when we were children!   Do we rely on the Internet?  Very much so.  Yes, the Internet is very much a blessing that like most blessings we have can be used with wisdom and gratitude, or it can be misused and a source of trouble, and sadness of many kinds.  

2 comments:

  1. The Internet has certainly become a more vital utility, especially with the pandemic. I don't think it's an addiction any more that electricity is. It doesn't surprise me that Comcast would try to rebrand under another name, considering the instability and exorbitant prices they have been known for over the years.

    I love letter X posts! Always such variety.
    It's hard to believe the blogging challenge is almost over for 2021. Then the after survey, reflections, and the road trip sign-up.
    Plus, I'm taking part in the Bout of Books read-a-thon in May. So much excitement!
    J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. The read-a-thon sounds like a fun adventure for May. My reading time seems to be getting shorter every day, so I'm pretty sure I won't quite reach my Goodreads goal for the year, but I'm sure glad that I have even a little bit of time to read in the evenings and the mornings. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete