Saturday, October 2, 2021

Finding Peace This Autumn

 


Photo Source


Hello Friends,

So, it's been a while since I've posted here.  How are you all doing these days in the crazy days of 2021?  How has your summer been?  My days have been mainly spent working at the day job with evenings in the yard and garden and as much time as possible visiting with all of the dear sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, who have been able to visit and welcoming a new granddaughter into this marvelous and crazy world.  We take things one day at a time around here, and try to take time each day to recognize the many good things that are still a part of our lives.  I've just hung my Welcome Autumn sign on the front door, and even though Autumn often makes me feel melancholy, I am enjoying the cooler weather and the beautiful colors of the changing leaves and the clear blue autumn skies.

But yes, I recognize every single day that in spite of the blessings that my family is able to find and enjoy, there are so many in the world today who struggle in many different ways.   I don't have answers and solutions for all of the trials and turmoil, but hopefully everyone can find ways to find some measure of peace and hope in God and in Jesus Christ and his gospel.  I know that many have found peace and joy this year by turning their hearts more towards God and trusting in their faith and the promise of hope and good things to come. 

My very favorite weekend every autumn is the the first weekend every October when we can listen to the General Conference sessions of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Throughout many generations of time, God has blessed the earth with prophets, men of faith who have been called by God to direct his children on this earth, and this weekend I am very much looking forward to listening to messages from living prophets and apostles of Jesus Christ.  YES!!  Jesus Christ has a living prophet and living apostles today!!  Just as he called apostles to follow him and help him in his ministry as depicted in the very popular TV Show "The Chosen", he has called living, present day apostles to minister in his church on earth today.   Please join me in listening to their messages of faith, hope, charity, and instruction on this very Saturday and Sunday,  October 2nd and 3rd of this very eventful year of 2021.  

You can watch and listen to these messages in several ways:

There will be three sessions on Saturday and two on Sunday, so no matter what your schedule, you most likely will be able to find at least one of the live session to enjoy, and recorded sessions to return and listen to later at your convenience.  

I invite you to join me in finding peace through Jesus Christ this weekend, and many times during the weeks to come.

Love,

Marcy ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment