Thursday, September 8, 2011

So, What Do You Like Most in a Blog?

In the past few months I've been branching out a lot in the number and type of blogs that I follow. Now I know that I may need to cut back some in the future, or I'll never have time to follow the blogs that I really enjoy, but for now I'm enjoying following a number of different bloggers.


Some of the first blogs that I began following were those of some of my favorite authors. These are well published authors who blog about things that are important to them; including their published books, works in progress, and their families and home life.

Many of the blogs that I have recently started following give regular writing tips and advice. Many publish reviews of new books, sponsor contests, blog hops, and give aways. Some blogs have multiple contributors, and a different person will post each day of the week. Other bloggers address a different topic each day of the week and give up dates on their own writing or other creative goals.

Other blogs that I follow deal with families and parenting, cooking and food, sewing and quilting and photography. Most of these bloggers post several times each week, giving a glimpse of different projects that they have recently been working on. These can be inspiring. One of my favorite bloggers takes time each week for a Friday Q&A where she addresses comments and questions that she receives about her blog.

So, what do you like most about the blogs you follow? Do you have a particular format or schedule for your blog that works for you?

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I'm pretty centralized in my blogs right now. I only really follow book bloggers, writer bloggers (pubbed and unpubbed) and publishers. I also follow a couple people I know as well as PostSecret. And that's all.

    ReplyDelete