Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Show and Tell: A Most Important Book


This week I’ve been writing a bit (1172 words on my WIP) and I've been reading a lot.  I've read a lot of entries to Rachel's Second Campaigner Challenge.  I've liked a lot of them!  I've read a lot of blog posts about writing, and books, and libraries, and  parenting,  and quilting and more.  I've actually even read a few books.  Most books I read are for relaxation or entertainment and can be breezed through in a few days or even hours, but others are worth taking the time to read slowly, to savor, and to ponder. Tonight I want to share with you a verse or two from one such book, The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

“And now my beloved brethren . . . believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ.”

          2 Nephi 33:10 (pg 116-117)

I consider The Book of Mormon to be the most important book in my life. It  is a book of scripture, a companion to The Bible. It testifies of the divinity of Jesus Christ through the teachings of ancient prophets who lived on the American Continent. Reading this book brings me peace and the strength I need to face life’s daily challenges.   Occasionally during the next few weeks as I blog, I may periodically be sharing more of my favorite verses from this book, and maybe some thoughts and experiences that I've had as I have read.   I hope you don't mind!

What have you heard of The Book of Mormon?   Have you ever had the chance to read it?  If you have ever had questions about The Book of Mormon and where it came from, you can read more about it here, or you can ask me in a comment, and I’ll try to answer either in the comments or  in my next Friday Show and Tell. If you would like to read The Book of Mormon on-line, you can find it here.  If you would like your own personal copy of The Book of Mormon, just email me your mailing address at marcyhowes@gmail.com and I will see to it that you receive your own copy. 

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ . . ."
          2 Nephi 25:26 (pg 100)

No comments:

Post a Comment