Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Warmer Weather



'

It was 52 degrees when I came home from work yesterday afternoon . . . much better than the 30ish high temperatures we've been having lately. It was still cloudy and breezy, so I took my coat to work with me, but it was warm enough that I didn't really need it. Yea! Spring may actually be on the way! It was cold and rainy last weekend, but the rain melted almost all of the snow, and now it is finally warming up a bit. I think that this has been the longest stretch of cold winter weather that we have had for years. (But then I may just be getting old and forgetful).


Anyway, I have been trying to be patient and keep myself busy with my favorite winter activities of reading and writing and sewing and baking since I know that the ground and the trees really do benefit from their winter time rest, but I am so glad and excited for warmer weather. I really am looking forward to getting back out into the yard and the garden. Hopefully the sun will come out and dry out the garden so I can start planting. And, hopefully it will stay cool enough for a while that we can get some nice fresh cool weather veggies to add to the dinner table. Yea! It’s time to find some seeds and a new shovel!



No comments:

Post a Comment