Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday: ABC Blogging Challenge Theme: Books, Blocks and Blessings

This week I  finally decided on a theme for The Blogging from A to Z Challenge coming up in April.  My posts here during the month of April will be an assortment of thoughts about Books, Blocks, and Blessings. Some days I will review one of the books that I have read so far this year. (You can sneak a peak at what I’ve read either at Good Reads (see my side bar) or at my A to Z Book Challenge Post (see the other button on my side bar.) Some days I will feature quilt block patterns that I have been wanting to try. Hopefully this will encourage me to do a bit more sewing. On the remaining days I plan to share some of my favorite thoughts about blessings from my Random thoughts and Tender Mercies Blog. So check back all during the month of April when I attempt to complete the A to Z Blogging Challenge. If you are interested in joining the challenge, there is still time to go here to find out more and to sign up.


This week I did not do any sewing or anything else very physically creative, but I did make a bit of progress in the writing area.  I made some decisions about the organization of my book that have been puzzling me for almost two years.  I was also able to add a bit to the total word count of the latest version of my 2010/2011/2012 NaNoWriMo re-write project.


And, of course, I have also been reading. My newest read this week is The Guardian, by Gerald N Lund, one of my old favorite authors. My parents received this book as a Christmas gift and recommended it to me, so when I saw it on display at the library the other day, I just had to snatch it up. It’s a bit different than the author’s past books that I've read in that most of the story is set in the modern day rather than in the past, and also in that the protagonist s a teenage girl rather than an adult. Most of the story is told from her point of view, and I am really enjoying it. There's also touch of magic involved to make it a tad it more interesting. So, if you get the chance, try it out. Hopefully I will be able to finish reading it tonight.


One more book that I just picked up from the library is Partials by Dan Wells. I have started reading several of his other books, but have never finished any of them. The YA Sci-Fi Distopian type book is not usually what I enjoy, but so far this one has me interested. The premise is that the human race is nearly extinct after a virus has decimated the population. No baby has survived the virus in more than a decade . . . .and sixteen year old Kira is on the front lines with the medics who are trying to save the race. The reviews are quite mixed, so I’ll have to let you know how it goes.

And that’s pretty much what I’ve been up to this week. How about you??



No comments:

Post a Comment