Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From This Side of the Pond is once again sponsoring:
 Have some fun sharing your answers to a few questions on your blog, and then heading over to http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/ to read what others have to say.  Here are my answers to this week's  Questions:

1. The USA will mark Columbus Day on Monday, October 14th this year...what's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?


Right now I am exploring my options career and education wise. This has never really been an issue for me until recently as have already earned a degree and I loved what I was doing as a wife and Mom and working part time for a little bit extra cash for the family. Now that the kids are all gone (relatively speaking) I find myself toying with the idea of taking the working world a little bit more seriously . . . or I could just pretty much stay where I am and look forward to doing all of the things I’ve always wanted to do in my spare time.

2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?

I never have enjoyed stories with a “villain”, hating them or being frightened. I don’t like scary movies at all. The Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares as a child, so she is probably the earliest and evilest character of my life.

3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?

It is a virtue to accept people for who they are. It is good to learn new ideas and concepts and to weigh them against what you know to be true and what you believe. It is not a virtue to act against your own values just because someone else says said action or behavior is right or ok. You must still be true to yourself.

4. How often do you weigh yourself?

About once a week give or take a day or five. I have been losing a little bit the past few months, but don’t want to be obsessive about it.

5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on The Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?

In spite of all the craziness going on right now, the USA is still my happiest country in the world. It is my heritage, it is my home, and I love it.

6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for every high school student?

How can there just be one? An education requires reading about many different places, eras, people, ideas, and points of view. Mark Twain, Pearl S. Buck, Stephen Crane, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Pierre Boulle (Bridge on the River Kwai) were some of the authors I remember reading in High School.

7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?

I have not started Christmas shopping yet. We have several October birthdays in our family, and I very seldom start any Christmas shopping until those special days are taken care of.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am not feeling very random or creative tonight. It has been raining when I expected warm sunny weather and I’m not feeling very inspired or motivated. I did however do some laundry and some ironing.



No comments:

Post a Comment