Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Questions from Wednesday Hodgepodge from This Side of the Pond
(I had meetings last night and did not get this posted yesterday, so here's a Thursday Hodgepodge)

1. What was your biggest worry five years ago?

My biggest worry five years ago was my church calling (assignment or responsibility) as president or leader over the Young Women ages 12 to 18 in our local congregation.  It involved planning lessons for Sunday church meetings and activities on Tuesday evenings along with other meetings and activities as well as being concerned about the well being of each individual Young Woman.  I always had a lot of good help from other teachers and leaders, but it was still a huge responsibility.

Is it still a worry?

I no longer have the calling as Young Women's president, so no, it is not still a worry.  Right now my calling is as a secretary in the Primary, which is the organization for children ages 3 to 11.  It is a much less worrisome responsibility.


2. Yesterday (October 15th) was National Grouch Day...what makes you grouchy? What cheers you up when you're feeling grouchy?

Being overly tired makes me grouchy.  Feeling that I have failed at something makes me grouchy.  So does being around others who are fighting or quarrelling, especially among my children or other family members.

Being fed good food is probably the best way to cheer me up.   Working or resting in the beautiful outdoors can help.   Kind words and hugs from loved ones, chocolate, a good book or movie, and a comfortable bed are also good ways to cheer me up.

3. In one word, how does it feel to be photographed?

Awkward

4. Besides your parents, who would you say had the greatest influence on you in choosing your life path? Explain.

There have been many who have influenced my choices throughout my life, mainly teachers, but I can't think of just one who has had the greatest influence.  I would have to say that my DH has had the greatest influence of anyone, as any major decision affecting my life path has been made together with him.

5. The crisp days of autumn are here ...what's something you like to eat, but only if it's crisp?

The food that must be crispy would be potato chips.  Limp potato chips are not good.  Most raw fruits and veggies that are crisp and juicy and delicious when raw are also delicious when cooked and soft.  I guess lettuce would maybe be an exception.

6. What's the most useless object you own?

A flimsy hairbrush?  I'm sure there are many other things, but I can't think what they are right now.

7. Share a favorite fall memory.

Raking and jumping in piles of crisp fall leaves.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

This week I have been cleaning out and expanding my strawberry patch.  I wrote a blog post about it over here at  Random Thoughts and Tender Mercies

No comments:

Post a Comment