Friday, February 24, 2017

For My Daddy

Friday, February 24, 2017     6:51 am.

It is Friday, but I'm doing a TBT post this morning in honor of my Father, my dear Daddy, my DD, who passed from this life to the next just a few hours ago..  (Original Post was here)

I'm not sure where the scripture challenge came from, but these were my thoughts about these verses from Revelations Chapter 7 back in November 2012:


A Taste of the Future
Scripture Challenge Week 11
Revelations 7:15-17


 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.


 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.


 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.


These verses can give us a taste of what can be our future:  the joy of being and serving in the temple.  Our fondest dreams and wishes can come true.  We can be fed and nourished at the feet of our Savior.  We can always be in his light.  We can dwell with Him and with God, our Father forever and be instructed by them and comforted by them.  What joy and gladness!  May it come soon.  May these dark and wicked times pass.  May we all be blessed and fed and comforted by our Savior.  And in the meantime, may we all bless and comfort and serve one another.

I don’t know how I was guided to this blog post this morning, other than by angels.   I just received word that my Daddy passed from this life to the next a few hours ago.  This scripture, that I have not read or thought of for years is bringing me comfort this morning.   My sweet Daddy who served for years as a temple ordinance worker on the live sessions at the Salt Lake Temple is now free from the limitations of his 92 year old physical body.  It is my belief that he is now able to once again sit before the throne of God and serve him night and day.   Serving as a temple worker was one of the greatest joys of my Daddy’s life, and he has really missed being able to do this work for the past few years.  I love my Daddy and our family will miss him every day, but I am so grateful that he has finally been able to move on to his next assignments in the next world.

I Love You Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment