Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Show and Tell: Gotta Love the Library!

1. I just found the  WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION BLOGFEST hosted by Michael Di Gesu, so I went ahead and entered my blog post from September 15th.   I haven't read all of the entries yet, but they look fun.  So what did you do this summer?

2. Last week  I came across Elizabeth Spann Craig's post on 15 Reasons for Writers to Love Libraries.  Of course I've had an on-going love affair with libraries ever since I learned how to read.  I grew up in a small town without a public library, but while I was in elementary school, the school library would be open at least one morning each week during the summer. Later on we were blessed to have the bookmobile come around weekly. I loved the university library during college, and even worked in the library for two years.  I always made it a point to sign my pre-schoolers up for weekly story time at the library, and now four of the six are college grads, one is attending college, and the last is preparing to apply to colleges next year.   Our family still usually visits the public library several times each week.  Just this morning I stopped by to drop off and pick up a few books and movies, and saw that a small train was being set up in the parking lot to give the pre-schoolers a ride.  Story time has certainly become more interesting!


3.  My writing this week has been focused on editing my extended family newsletter and quickly putting together an entry for Rachel's 2nd Campaign Challenge.  Thanks to all who have so kindly commented on my entry (# 65).   How do you weave unfamiliar vocabulary into your story, especially into stories for younger readers?

4.    I've made a promise to myself that I will spend several productive hours tomorrow morning on my WIP.  So here's to a wonderful productive weekend! 








1 comment:

  1. I hope you got your chance to spend a few hours with your WIP!

    And I LOVED the bookmobile as a kid! Ahh. Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete